Sage is here to help.
Feel like you could be eating better? Not sure what to change or where to look? Sage Nutirious Solutions make it easy for you to discover the wide, wonderful world of balanced, healthy, bangin' food.
Grilled Shrimp Po'Boy + Crispy Cappy & Lime Aioli
Preparation Time: approximately 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1 sandwich; Serves about 4
4 Slices on The Slice Plan
1 baguette, sliced into 4 equal sized pieces (scoop out insides)
1 lb shrimp, 20/25 count or similar; peeled and deveined
½ cup lime juice
1 tsp salt
2 cups okra, sliced (frozen and thawed)*
2 cups yellow cornmeal
For frying vegetable oil
8 slices capicola
2 cups mixed greens
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 jalapeno, sliced
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 TB lime juice
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black or cayenne pepper
*when using fresh okra, slice in 1/8" thick pieces and dunk in egg before cornmeal
1. Heat Grill. Marinate shrimp in lime juice 10 minutes. Season with salt and grill on both sides until browned, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat frying oil. Toss thawed okra in cornmeal and coat thoroughly. Place gently in oil and fry until golden brown. Set aside to drain.
3. Over medium-high heat, sear capicola on both sides until crispy. Remove from heat.
4. Make lime aoli by combining mayo, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
5. Prepare baguette: spread mayo on bread, then place 2 slices capicola, ¼ mixed greens, 2-3 slices tomatoes, and 2-3 slices jalapenos. Place 5-6 pieces of shrimp and top with ½ cup fried okra.
6. Garnish with hot sauce, if desired.
Turn-Out and Storage
Serve immediately with salad of choice. Do not prepare ahead of time.
These prepared ingredients may be stored under refrigeration for up to 3 days.