The Sage is here to help.
Feel like you could be eating better? Not sure what to change or where to look? The Sage makes it easy for you to discover the wide, wonderful world of balanced, healthy, bangin' food.
Ramp Buttermilk Biscuits
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: approximately 20 minutes
Serving Size: 1 biscuit
1 Slice on The Slice Plan
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup ramps, trimmed and sliced bulbs, stems, and green tops
1.5 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 stick chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg, beaten to blend
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, cracked
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix buttermilk and ramps in small bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in processor. Add chilled butter; using on/off turns, cut in butter until fine meal forms. Transfer flour mixture to medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk mixture into flour mixture; stir until dough forms. Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface and press out to 7" round, about 1/2" thick.
- Using 2" diameter biscuit cutter dipped in flour, cut out rounds. Continue gathering remaining dough, cutting into rounds, until all dough is used.
- Transfer dough rounds to baking sheet.
- Brush biscuit tops with some of egg glaze. Sprinkle with cracked coriander seeds.
- Bake biscuits until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on rack. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.